Happy Wednesday friends!! Rico is traveling to North Dakota today (jealous) and I always worry when he travels. Just me being well me. I’m all about being real and that is what today’s blog post is all about.
I keep telling myself I gave birth once I can do it again. I know I can but every pregnancy and delivery is different. I was in labor almost 24 hours with Cayde! As I am approaching the end of this pregnancy I thought about all the things I went through with Cayde that I didn’t expect. Here are 8 things that I came up with telling you the things I wish somebody told me!
1. Contractions and being dilated are no joke. I spent Thanksgiving Day that year on my hands and knees. Every time I called the doctor he stated that I didn’t sound like I was in labor. They tell you to come in when you can’t walk and can hardly breathe. Um….that was me and the doctor was still telling me I wasn’t in labor. The car ride to the hospital, every bump, was rough to say the least. When I got to the hospital, my contractions were less than 2 minutes apart. Thank goodness I was surrounded by my whole family to help and cheer me on.
2. The knocks you get while you are in the recovery room are never ending. Legit I swear every 20 minutes I had somebody knocking. How was I supposed to sleep with all that? It wasn’t even my friends or family visiting me. It was mainly hospital staff.
3. All I could think about while in labor was how hungry and thirsty I was. I wanted food so bad, but once they hook you up to that IV, no food for you momma. Rico would say he was leaving for a bit and it was to get food. He wouldn’t tell me it was for food because he felt bad but I knew. My hospital gave us a gourmet mail that night I gave birth and I couldn’t eat any of it. I tried but I just couldn’t. It looked so good too so hopefully this time around I can eat it!
4. Pregnancy brain does not disappear once you give birth. I remember I got ketchup in my eye the third day after I gave birth to Cayde! I don’t even like ketchup but I craved it with Cayde at times. Little, silly things like that still happen, even before I got pregnant again.
5. I could not wipe myself the last month of pregnancy. TMI I know but gosh! Nobody told me that. I should say it was a struggle, but I made it happen. And no nobody helped me 😂 I struggled but I made it happen!
6. You get hot and I mean sweaty hot while breastfeeding. Maybe it was just me but Cayde was a winter baby. It was not 80 degrees outside when I had him. This time I am having a summer baby so I have a mini, portable fan to carry around with me this time😂
7. I just thought Charley horses were a thing when I was a runner not for pregnancy. They were real with Cayde. Luckily I have only had them once in the middle of the night this pregnancy. It always happened in the middle of the night where I couldn’t move. I would eat bananas like it was my job! Bananas helped but they didn’t solve the problem.
8. Contractions still happen if you breastfeed. No joke 2 weeks after I gave birth to Cayde, I was still having contractions. Totally normal my doctor said but crazy!
I’m sure I will think of more but those top 8 are ones I never read about or was even told about. I hope you get a laugh out this because looking back I am laughing. It is all normal and apart of becoming a mom. To every momma, you got this!!