Happy Friday babes!! This week has been rainy and depressing here in Pennsylvania! This momma and her boy needs the sun! I’m all about going out and jumping in mud puddles but not at this point in my pregnancy😂 Thank goodness Cayde has a best friend next door to jump puddles with!
Today’s blog post is all about my summer beauty favs! Some are my tried and true products and then others are recent finds that I am obsessed with. Side note: every person is different. These products may or may not work for you. Ever since I started really caring about skincare and beauty it’s been trial and error until I found a product that works for me. My honest opinion is if you have similar issues to mine try them out. Worse thing is they don’t work and you return them!
A little background on my skin. Growing up my skin has always been oily. Like straight oily. My skin the last three years has been all over the place due to pregnancy and breastfeeding. Fast forward to today and my skin is combination:dry and oily. I do have some acne. So here goes!
1. Go-To Exfoliating Swipeys. If you are new around here, I have been raving about this little exfoliating pads for awhile now. You get 50 pads in this jar and I have recently started using them twice a week. They will last you awhile if you do just weekly. I have sensitive skin right now since I am pregnant and these don’t irritate my skin at all. The best part is they have the clean seal from Sephora. Meaning they don’t have all those nasty chemicals in them!
2. A Midsummer Night’s Cream. This moisturizing cream from Trader Joe’s is amazing! This is a recent find. I have been using it morning and night on my sensitive, very dry legs for almost 7 weeks now and it has been a lifesaver! I have tried just about every high end and drugstore brand of lotion there is to help my itchy legs and this cream has been the only thing to help stop the itching/dryness. Best part is that it is less than $7! It has a light scent that is not strong at all and it isn’t greasy feeling. Trader Joe’s is one of those places I love shopping because it’s clean and small. I can go up and down every aisle and actually look. So this find was a random find that I decided why not try it.
3. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation. Normally I have oily skin and this pregnancy is way different than the last. When I was pregnant with Cayde my skin became dry and this pregnancy I have stayed oily. I literally have sampled so many different foundations the beginning of this pregnancy and I trusted my girls at Nordstrom on this one. I tried it for a week and fell in love. It is a matte finish and it is lightweight. Not lightweight like a CC cream but a medium-buildable coverage. I hardly feel it is there! I wear the color 3 in Fair.
4. Morphe Continuous Setting Spray. I always switch up my setting sprays trying high end and then cheaper ones. This setting spray is less than $20 and literally keeps my makeup looking fresh all day. I’ve been using it for 6 months and I’m just now needing a new bottle. Note: I don’t wear a full face of makeup everyday. But it’s a decent size for the price. It also doesn’t smell like some of the other setting sprays I have tried.
5. Dior Addict Fluid Stick lip gloss. I bought this going on 2 years ago and I recently found it again in my drawer when moving. I’ve been wearing it non stop. I wear the shade 289: Versatile. It is the perfect spring/summer color. It is creamy, thin, and not sticky. It is also long wearing, which this momma needs.
I am thinking of doing my top 5 beauty, skincare, or even everyday products every Friday. I love sharing what I find with you because some of them are hidden gems! As always if you have any questions or comments leave them below! Happy weekend babes!