Hi friends! I can’t believe it is officially summer! Like what?! We had a much needed break from the rain this past weekend! 🙌🏼 Now that summer is officially here we all know what that means! Fourth of July will be here before we know it! That also means a lot of people will be traveling. So I decided to share my favorite travel essentials with you all!
Some would consider me a pro at packing with how much traveling we do and I’m sad to say, I am not. I am getting better at not overpacking though! Here is a list that I came up that have literally been lifesavers for us for packing/traveling.
1. Packing cubes. These are ideal because they just organize your items better. You can pack one cube for beach items only and another with shirts. They are super helpful if you are in the shower and you need your man to grab you a cube, you can tell him easily which cube. Instead of them digging through your suitcase and ruining your organization.
2. Makeup/Toiletry Case. I always keep my makeup and skincare in a separate case. You never know when they will leak. Plus you have one bag just for those items.
3. Portable fan. This is a must if you are pregnant because you can use this anywhere. Even if you are not pregnant, a portable mini fan can be used to set your makeup.
4. Mini mirror. I found mine at TJMaxx last year and it light ups. Perfect for doing your makeup in the car or in the hotel. It is thin enough to throw in your suitcase or bag.
5. Weekender Tote. I now have two and I use both! They are perfect for short road trips or to use as a carry on bag on the plane I will be using one for my hospital bag.
Happy Tuesday friends!! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend celebrating the real reason for Memorial Day💙❤️ We spent it with family and traveling. I could not have asked for a better weekend. Today’s blog post is a recap of our trip to New York!
We left last Tuesday and traveled back on Sunday. So almost a week we were there. It went by WAY too fast. Doesn’t vacation always go by super quick?! Time for sure could have slowed down since I have no clue when I will see my sister and her kids again😭 With me giving birth and needing to finish decorating the house this summer, my days are filled. The kids still had school but they were off Friday and then of course the weekend. Honestly we didn’t do too much besides spend quality time with the kids. My sister has 3 kids and they truly are the best.
I should start out by saying, Cayde did amazing in the car! He didn’t even cry once. He napped 2.5 hours and then ate and played on the iPad the rest of the way. He truly is the best little travel partner!
Tuesday night after we arrived we went straight to see both of my nephews sing! They did so good and Cayde was too cute dancing to them singing! Wednesday and Thursday were our lazy days of just hanging out indoors. Friday it was freezing, like fall temps so we didn’t do much besides play games and watch movies! Such a chill, relaxing day. Saturday we went to the zoo! Cayde loved it. He was little Mr. Independent and wanted to venture off on his on. He wanted no part in sitting in the stroller. He walked alongside his cousins and literally had the time of his life. Then we went and got supplies to surprise my sister for her birthday. Then Sunday we played outside since it was beautiful out until we got back in the car to drive back home.
Seeing Cayde interact and give them hugs truly melted my heart 💞 It is crazy to think how grown the kids are and how fast time truly does go by. I always say, live like there is no tomorrow. Enjoy every second of every day. There is no time for negativity. Cayde and I are so happy we were able to go. We had the best time! Now onto to see daddy!
That’s his I’m scared but still forcing a smile face 😂 He warmed up to all the animals after a good 10 minutes of being there.